Treatment Info for Zetonna
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zetonna include the following:
- Zetonna comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used once a day (two total sprays -- one spray per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for 10 or more days, it must be primed by spraying into the air three times.
- Tilt your head back slightly for each spray. While spraying in one nostril, hold the other nostril closed with a finger. Breathe in gently, but not too fast or hard; the medication works when it comes into contact with nasal tissues, not your throat.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Zetonna toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after a dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of Zetonna, regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Zetonna Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of ZetonnaJust like any medicine, Zetonna may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Zetonna include but are not limited to:
- Nasal discomfort
(Click Zetonna Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)