Zaditor Overdose

It is likely impossible to overdose on Zaditor when using it as an eyedrop, since very little of the medication actually reaches the bloodstream. An oral overdose is also unlikely to cause problems because an entire bottle contains only 1.725 mg of the medicine. Since there have been no reported cases, it is not known how to best treat an overdose.

Is It Possible to Overdose on Zaditor?

Zaditor® (ketotifen ophthalmic solution) is a non-prescription antihistamine eyedrop approved to treat eye allergies (known medically as allergic conjunctivitis). A Zaditor overdose is unlikely to have serious consequences, for a few different reasons.
 
It is likely impossible to take too much Zaditor when using it as an eyedrop, since very little of the medication actually reaches the bloodstream. Even if Zaditor was accidentally taken by mouth (as might occur with a child or a pet), serious problems would probably not result. An entire bottle contains only 1.725 mg of the medication. In studies, no problems were seen when higher doses (such as 20 mg) were taken by mouth.
 

Treatment for a Zaditor Overdose

Given that there have been no reported cases of overdose, it is not known how to best treat such a situation. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) likely will include supportive care, which consists of treating any symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
 
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Zaditor.
 
5 Tips to Keep a Cold at Bay

Zaditor Allergy Medication

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.