The usual Zaditor dosage for the treatment of eye allergy symptoms in adults and children as young as three years old is one drop in each affected eye every 8 to 12 hours, but no more than twice a day. There is only one standard dose, regardless of your age or the severity of your symptoms.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Zaditor® (ketotifen ophthalmic solution), regardless of the severity of your allergy symptoms. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dose of Zaditor for Eye AllergiesThe recommended Zaditor dosage for treating eye allergy symptoms in adults and children three years and older is one drop in each affected eye twice daily (every 8 to 12 hours, but no more than twice a day).
Considerations for people taking Zaditor include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eyedrop. It is used in each eye twice a day.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the preservatives in Zaditor, be sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For Zaditor to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dose of Zaditor, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.