More Xyzal Information
When and How to Take XyzalGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Xyzal comes in tablet and liquid form. It is usually taken once a day in the evening.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- If necessary, the tablets may be broken in half.
- Try to take your dosage at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- Some people may need to take the medication all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Xyzal Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of XyzalAs with any medicine, side effects are possible. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Xyzal include, but are not limited to:
- The common cold
- Dry mouth.
(Click Xyzal Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)