Stinging Nettle Side Effects
Although many people do not think that side effects typically occur with herbal supplements, side effects are possible. Some of the problems that have been reported with stinging nettle include upset stomach, diarrhea, and sweating. While most side effects of stinging nettle do not require medical attention, you should contact your healthcare provider immediately if you experience dizziness, fainting, or hives.
Does Stinging Nettle Cause Side Effects?
Even though it is a natural product, stinging nettle may cause side effects. People often assume that natural products are always safe and free of side effects. However, this is simply not the case. It is reasonable to assume that any natural product with the capability to have medicinal properties may also have side effects.
Possible Side Effects of Stinging Nettle
Possible bothersome (although usually not serious) side effects that have been reported with this supplement include:
- Upset stomach
- Decreased ejaculation volume in men
- Stinging, itching, rash, and burning (after exposure to fresh stinging nettle leaves).
Serious Side Effects
Potentially serious stinging nettle side effects (which should be reported to your healthcare provider immediately) include:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting, which may be symptoms of low blood pressure
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as:
- A rash
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, tongue, or throat
- Wheezing or other difficulty breathing.