Important Instructions for Qnasl
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Qnasl include the following:
- Qnasl comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used once a day (four total sprays -- two sprays per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for seven or more days, it must be primed by spraying into the air four times. Do not prime the medication every day, as this will waste the product unnecessarily.
- Blow your nose first. Then close one nostril with your finger and spray the medication in the other nostril. Hold your breath while spraying and for five seconds afterward, then breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Qnasl toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after a dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThere is only one standard dose of Qnasl, regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Qnasl Dosage for more information.)
Side Effects of QnaslJust like any medicine, Qnasl may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
If reactions do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Qnasl include but are not limited to:
- Nasal discomfort
(Click Qnasl Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)