Since no cases of Patanase (olopatadine nasal spray) overdose have been reported, it is not known what to expect if someone takes too much of the medication. Based on information obtained from studies on overdoses with other antihistamines, it is believed that a Patanase overdose could cause drowsiness in adults or hyperactivity followed by drowsiness in children. Treatment for an overdose may involve supportive care.
Patanase® (olopatadine nasal spray) is a medication approved to treat nasal allergies (known as allergic rhinitis). It is part of a group of medications known as antihistamines. As with all medicines, it is possible to overdose on Patanase (although an overdose seems unlikely). The specific effects of a Patanase overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Patanase dosage and whether it was taken with any other medicines or substances.
It is not known exactly what to expect from an overdose with Patanase, as no cases of Patanase overdose have been reported. Because of the nature of the product and the packaging, it is unlikely that people would overdose on the medication. Based on overdose information with other antihistamines, it is predicted that a Patanase overdose could cause drowsiness in adults or hyperactivity followed by drowsiness in children.
Given that there have been no reported cases of a Patanase overdose, it is not known what the best treatment is for an overdose. There is no known antidote for a Patanase overdose. Therefore, treatment may include supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Patanase.