Pataday Overdose

It is not known what to expect from an overdose with Pataday or whether an overdose is even possible. Problems are more likely to occur if the medicine is taken by mouth since very little of it actually reaches the bloodstream when it is used as an eyedrop. Treatment for an overdose, if necessary, likely will involve supportive care.

Is It Possible to Overdose on Pataday?

Pataday™ (olopatadine ophthalmic solution) is a medication approved to treat eye allergies (known medically as allergic conjunctivitis). It belongs to a class of allergy medications known as antihistamines. It is not known if it is possible to overdose on Pataday.
 
Similarly, it is not known exactly what to expect from a Pataday overdose. However, overdose symptoms are probably more likely if the medication is accidentally taken by mouth (which might occur with children or pets) rather than as an eyedrop, since very little of the medication reaches the bloodstream when used in this way.
 

Treatment for a Pataday Overdose

Given that there have been no reported cases of overdose, it is not known how to best treat someone who takes too much Pataday. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) likely will include supportive care, which consists of treating any of the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
 
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Pataday.
 
5 Tips to Keep a Cold at Bay

Pataday Eyedrops

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2017 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.