The standard recommended Pataday dosage for the treatment of eye allergy symptoms is one drop in each affected eye once a day. This dose is the same for everyone, regardless of your age or the severity of your symptoms. Although it does not matter what time of day you administer Pataday, you should use the medication at the same time each day.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Pataday™ (olopatadine ophthalmic solution), regardless of the severity of your allergy symptoms. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Pataday Dosage for Eye AllergiesThe recommended Pataday dose for treating eye allergy symptoms in adults and children three years and older is one drop in each affected eye just once a day.
Considerations for people taking Pataday include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eyedrop. It is used in each eye just once a day.
- It does not matter what time of day you use Pataday, but it is best to take it at the same time each day.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing some of the ingredients in the medication, be sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For Pataday to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of Pataday, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.