As with any medication, it is possible to take too much Palgic. Symptoms that may occur with an overdose include dilated pupils, dry mouth, flushing of the skin, and drowsiness. Various treatment options are available for an overdose of Palgic. Treatment may involve "pumping the stomach," taking certain medicines, or supportive care.
Palgic® (carbinoxamine maleate) is a prescription allergy medication. It belongs to a group of allergy medications known as antihistamines. The specific effects of an overdose can vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Palgic dosage and whether it was taken with any other medications or substances.
A Palgic overdose may cause the following symptoms:
- Dry mouth
- Dilated pupils
- Flushing of the skin
- Nausea and vomiting
If the Palgic overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." In general, vomiting should not be induced for an overdose with Palgic. Treatment may also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for a Palgic overdose may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Close monitoring of the heart and lungs
- A breathing tube to help with breathing
- Other treatments based on complications that occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Palgic.