The standard recommended dosage of Palgic for adults is one or two tablets (or one or two teaspoonfuls of the liquid form) three to four times daily. Dosing for children will vary, depending on the child's age and weight. Your dose should be taken with water on an empty stomach.
The dose of Palgic® (carbinoxamine maleate) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your weight (for children)
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Although some people may need (and tolerate) higher or lower dosages, the standard Palgic dose for adults is one or two tablets (4 or 8 mg) three to four times daily. For the liquid version, the dose is one or two teaspoonfuls (4 to 8 mg) three to four times daily.
For children ages six and older, the recommended dosage of Palgic is 1 or 1.5 tablets or teaspoonfuls (4 or 6 mg either way) three to four times daily. For children ages three to six years old, the recommended dosage is one-half to one teaspoonful (2 or 4 mg) three to four times daily. For children two to three years old, the recommended dosage is one-half teaspoonful (2 mg) three to four times daily.
Children under two years old should not take Palgic.
Considerations for people taking Palgic include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet or oral solution (liquid) form. It is taken by mouth, usually three or four times a day.
- This medication should be taken with water on an empty stomach.
- Some people need to take this medication all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.