It is not known if it is possible to overdose on Optivar (azelastine ophthalmic solution). The effects of an overdose would likely depend on how much of the medication was taken, how it was taken (by mouth or as an eye drop), and whether it was taken with other drugs. It is also not known how best to treat an overdose of this medication, so treatment would likely involve supportive care.
Is It Possible to Overdose on Optivar?Optivar® (azelastine ophthalmic solution) is a medication approved to treat itching caused by eye allergies (known medically as allergic conjunctivitis). It is not known if it is possible to overdose on Optivar or what the specific effects might be. However, the effects of an overdose will likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Optivar dosage, how it was taken (as an eye drop or by mouth), and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or street drugs.
It is not known what exactly to expect from an overdose of this medication. However, overdose symptoms are probably more likely if the medication was accidently taken by mouth (which might occur with children or pets) rather than as an eye drop, as very little of the medication reaches the bloodstream when used as an eye drop.
Treatment for an Optivar OverdoseGiven that there have been no reported cases of an overdose, it is not known how best to treat an Optivar overdose. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) will include supportive care, which consists of treating any of the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on this medication.