The standard dosage of Optivar is the same for everyone, regardless of age or weight. The dosage is one drop in each eye twice a day. To prevent contamination, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye. Also, do not wear contact lenses if your eye is still red.
Dosage of Optivar: An IntroductionThere is only one standard recommended dose of Optivar® (azelastine ophthalmic solution), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing for Eye AllergiesThe recommended Optivar dosage for treating eye allergy symptoms in adults and children age three years old and older is one drop in each eye twice a day.
General Information on Dosing With OptivarSome considerations for people taking Optivar include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is usually used in each eye twice a day.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- Optivar comes in single-use containers or in a multi-use bottle. Discard the single-use container immediately after use (do not save any remaining solution for later).
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the medication, make sure to wait 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Optivar dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.