The recommended Omnaris dosage for both adults and children is two sprays in each nostril once a day. This is the standard dose, regardless of your age or the type of nasal allergies you have (seasonal or year-round). For the medication to work properly, make sure to follow your Omnaris dosing guidelines as prescribed.
There is only one standard dose of Omnaris™ (ciclesonide), regardless of your age or type of allergies. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Omnaris Dosage for Nasal AllergiesThe recommended starting dose of Omnaris for treating nasal allergies (both seasonal and year-round) is two sprays in each nostril once a day. This dose can be used in adults and children age six years and up (for seasonal allergies) or age 12 years and older (for year-round allergies).
Considerations for people taking Omnaris include the following:
- The medication comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken just once a day.
- Be sure to shake your Omnaris bottle well before each use. Before the first use, you must prime the pump by pressing it eight times. If you have not used the bottle in the past four days, you should prime it again by pressing down once or until a fine mist appears.
- Blow your nose before each dose. Breathe in gently while spraying the medicine into your nose. Do not try to inhale the spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes into contact with the inside surfaces of the nose, not the throat or lungs.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Omnaris toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril and vice versa).
- Discard your bottle of Omnaris after 120 sprays or within four months of removing it from its foil pouch, whichever comes first. Even though it may keep spraying after 120 sprays, it does not provide the full dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Omnaris will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Omnaris dosage, please talk with your healthcare provider.