An Introduction to Nasonex Overdose
(mometasone nasal spray
) is a medication approved to treat nasal allergies
(including hay fever
) and nasal polyps. It is part of a class of medications known as corticosteroids. As with all medicines, it is possible to overdose on Nasonex. The specific effects of a Nasonex overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Nasonex dosage
and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or street drugs.
Nasonex Overdose: What Does the Research Say?
It is not known what exactly to expect from a Nasonex overdose. It appears that a short-term overdose of Nasonex is not likely to be dangerous. In studies, large doses of Nasonex did not cause any problems, other than the usual Nasonex side effects
. These large doses were approximately the same as using an entire bottle of Nasonex all at once. However, taking large doses of Nasonex for long periods of time may cause serious problems.
Treatment for a Nasonex Overdose
Given that there have been so few cases of people taking too much Nasonex, it is also not known what the best treatment is for a Nasonex overdose. Many people who take too much Nasonex will not require any treatment. If a long-term overdose has occurred, treatment may be necessary. This treatment may include supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Nasonex.