Nasacort AQ Overdose
While a short-term Nasacort AQ overdose is probably not dangerous, taking large doses of the medicine for a long time may cause serious side effects. Since very few cases of overdose have been reported, it is not known what the best treatment may be. However, as with other medicines, treatment for a Nasacort AQ overdose will likely involve treating any symptoms that occur as a result.
Nasacort® AQ (triamcinolone nasal spray) is a medication approved to treat nasal allergies. It is part of a class of medications known as nasal corticosteroids. As with all medicines, it is possible to take too much Nasacort AQ, although an overdose seems unlikely. The specific effects of a Nasacort AQ overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Nasacort AQ dosage and whether it was taken with other medications or substances.
It is not known exactly what to expect from a Nasacort AQ overdose. It appears that a short-term overdose of the drug is not likely to be dangerous. Even taking an entire bottle of Nasacort AQ all at once is unlikely to cause serious problems, although a little stomach upset may occur, especially if the medication was taken by mouth.
However, taking large doses of Nasacort AQ for long periods of time may cause serious side effects. As with all steroids, large doses of Nasacort AQ may decrease the body's ability to produce natural steroids. This can cause serious problems, especially if the medication is stopped too quickly and the body does not have a chance to begin making natural steroids again. If you realize that you have been taking too much Nasacort AQ, you should not stop taking it too quickly.