Nasacort AQ Dosage
For the treatment of nasal allergies in adults and children over the age of 12, the recommended Nasacort AQ dosage is two sprays in each nostril once a day. Children ages 2 to 11 typically start with one spray in each nostril once daily. However, a healthcare provider may increase your child's dosage to two sprays once a day if the child is at least six years old.
The dose of Nasacort® AQ (triamcinolone nasal spray) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Nasacort AQ
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Nasacort AQ dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Nasacort AQ Dosage for Nasal AllergiesThe recommended dose of Nasacort AQ when treating nasal allergies in adults and children age 12 years and older is two sprays in each nostril once daily (four sprays total). For children ages 2 to 11, the recommended dose is one spray in each nostril once daily. If your child is at least six years old, your child's healthcare provider may increase the dose up to two sprays of Nasacort AQ daily if necessary.
Considerations for people taking Nasacort AQ include the following:
- As mentioned, the medication comes in the form of a nasal spray. It is usually used once a day.
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each Nasacort AQ dose. Breathe in gently while spraying the medicine into your nose. Do not try to inhale the Nasacort AQ spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes into contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum. Spraying Nasacort AQ toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (using the right hand to spray into the left nostril and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Nasacort AQ will not work if you stop taking it.