Allergies Home > Zetonna Dosage
For adults and children as young as 12 years old, there is only one standard dosage for Zetonna -- one spray in each nostril once a day. This prescription medicine can help relieve nasal symptoms caused by seasonal or year-round allergies. You can help reduce your risk for nosebleeds by not spraying the medicine toward the wall that separates the nostrils (nasal septum).
An Introduction to Dosing With ZetonnaThere is only one standard dose of Zetonna™ (ciclesonide), regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Zetonna Dosage?The recommended Zetonna dose for treating nasal allergies (both seasonal and year-round) is one spray in each nostril once a day. This amount can be used in adults and children as young as 12 years old.
General Information on Using ZetonnaSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Zetonna include the following:
- Zetonna comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used just once a day (two total sprays -- one spray per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for 10 or more days, it must be primed by spraying into the air three times.
- Tilt your head back slightly for each spray. While spraying in one nostril, hold the other nostril closed with a finger. Breathe in gently, but not too fast or hard -- the medication works when it comes into contact with nasal tissues, not your throat.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Zetonna toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after a dose.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Zetonna dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.