Allergies Home > What You Need to Know About Veramyst
- The medication comes in nasal spray form. It is usually used once a day.
- Be sure to shake your Veramyst bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each dose. Breathe in gently while spraying it into your nose. Do not try to inhale the Veramyst spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying it toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (by using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.