Allergies Home > Veramyst Dosage
For adults and adolescents 12 years old and older who are using Veramyst, dosing typically starts at two sprays in each nostril once daily. Your healthcare provider may suggest that you decrease your daily dose to one spray in each nostril after a few days. The recommended Veramyst dosage for children 2 to 11 years old is one spray in each nostril once a day.
The dose of Veramyst™ (fluticasone furoate nasal spray) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Veramyst dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting Veramyst dose for treating nasal allergies in adults and adolescents 12 years old and older is two sprays of Veramyst in each nostril once daily (four sprays total). Your healthcare provider may recommend that you try to decrease your dose to one spray in each nostril once daily after a few days.
For children 2 to 11 years old, the recommended starting dose is one spray of Veramyst in each nostril once daily. If needed, your child's healthcare provider may increase the dose up to two sprays in each nostril once daily.
Some considerations for people taking Veramyst include the following:
- Veramyst comes in nasal spray form. It is usually taken once a day.
- Be sure to shake your Veramyst bottle well before each use.
- Blow your nose before each Veramyst dose. Breathe in gently while spraying Veramyst into your nose. Do not try to inhale the Veramyst spray or breathe in too deeply, as the drug works when it comes in contact with the inside surfaces of the nose (not the throat or lungs).
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Veramyst toward the nasal septum increases the risk of nosebleeds. Some people find it easiest to avoid this by holding the bottle in the opposite hand (by using the right hand to spray into the left nostril, and vice versa).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Veramyst will not work if you stop taking it.