Allergies Home > Serious Reactions to Qnasl
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Qnasl are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of steroid toxicity, such as:
- Changes in your menstrual period
- Acne-like skin problems
- Weight gain in the abdomen (stomach), face, neck, or upper back
- Unexplained stretch marks on the skin
- Wheezing or other asthma-like breathing problems
- Frequent infections or infections that do not go away
- Frequent, severe nosebleeds
- A sore in your nose that does not heal
- Thrush (white patches caused by a fungal infection) of the mouth, nose, or throat
- Slow growth in children
- Changes in vision (steroids can increase the risk for cataracts and glaucoma)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Unexplained swelling.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using Qnasl or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.