Allergies Home > Qnasl Dosage
When treating seasonal or year-round allergies with Qnasl, the dosage is the same for everyone -- two sprays in each nostril once a day. Make sure to wait at least 15 minutes after a dose to blow your nose. Also, do not aim the spray toward the wall that separates the nostrils (nasal septum), as this can increase your risk for nosebleeds.
An Introduction to Dosing With QnaslThere is only one standard dose of Qnasl™ (beclomethasone nasal aerosol), regardless of your age or the type of allergies you have. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Qnasl Dosage?The recommended dose of Qnasl for treating nasal allergies (both seasonal and year-round) is two sprays in each nostril once a day. This amount can be used in adults and children as young as 12 years old.
General Information on Using QnaslSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Qnasl include the following:
- Qnasl comes as a nasal aerosol spray. It is typically used just once a day (four total sprays -- two sprays per nostril).
- Before the first use, or if the medication has not been used for seven or more days), it must be primed by spraying into the air four times. Do not prime the medication every day, as this will waste the product unnecessarily.
- Blow your nose first. Then close one nostril with your finger and spray the medication in the other nostril. Hold your breath while spraying and for five seconds afterwards, then breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Avoid aiming the spray toward the wall that separates your nostrils (in the middle of your nose, called the nasal septum). Spraying Qnasl toward the nasal septum increases the risk for nosebleeds.
- Avoid blowing your nose for 15 minutes after using Qnasl.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Qnasl dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.