Allergies Home > Ways to Reduce Pet Allergens
Some preventive strategies include:
- Removing pets from your home if possible.
- If pet removal is not possible, keeping pets out of bedrooms and confined to areas without carpets or upholstered furniture.
- If possible, bathing pets weekly to reduce the amount of allergens.
- Wearing a dust mask and gloves when near rodents.
- After playing with your pet, being sure to wash your hands. Cleaning your clothes afterwards to remove pet allergens is also beneficial.
- Avoiding contact with soiled litter cages.
- Dusting often with a damp cloth.