Allergies Home > Potentially Dangerous Problems With Patanol
Serious Patanol Side EffectsSome side effects with Patanol, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Inflammation of the thin layer covering the front of the eye (keratitis)
- Signs of an allergic reaction to the medication, such as:
- An unexplained rash or hives
- Itching (more than the usual itching related to eye allergies)
- Unexplained swelling, especially of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing.
Of course, any eyedrop can cause problems (such as an eye infection) if it is contaminated, so make sure to avoid touching the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye. Report any signs of an eye infection (such as severe pain, swelling, or redness) to your healthcare provider right away.