Allergies Home > Discussing Hydrocodone Polistirex/Chlorpheniramine Polistirex With Your Doctor
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Breathing problems, including asthma or lung disease
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Problems urinating, including a condition known as urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body)
- Thyroid disease, such as hypothyroidism
- Problems with your adrenal gland, such as Addison's disease
- A history of a head injury, stroke, seizures, or increased intracranial pressure
- Plans to have surgery
- Stomach or intestinal problems, including intestinal blockage or chronic constipation
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Tussionex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Tussionex and Breastfeeding).