Allergies Home > Elestat Dosage
The recommended dosage of Elestat for the prevention of itchy eyes due to eye allergies is one drop in each affected eye two times a day. It is recommended that you use this prescription eye drop throughout allergy season, even on days you do not experience symptoms. There is only one standard dose, regardless of your age or the severity of your symptoms.
There is only one standard recommended dose of Elestat® (epinastine ophthalmic solution), regardless of the severity of your allergy symptoms. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dosing for Eye AllergiesThe recommended Elestat dosage for preventing eye allergy symptoms in adults and children three years old and older is one drop in each affected eye two times a day.
Considerations for people taking Elestat include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of an eye drop. It is used in each eye twice a day.
- It is best to use Elestat throughout allergy season, even on days you do not have symptoms.
- If you wear contact lenses, you must remove them to use the drops. In order to prevent the lens from absorbing the preservatives in the medication, be sure to wait at least 10 minutes after using the drops before reinserting the lens. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eye is still red.
- In order to prevent contamination of the drops, do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, including the surface of the eye.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.