Allergies Home > Treatment Instructions for Claritin
When and How to Take ClaritinGeneral considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- It comes in several forms, including tablets, Liqui-Gels®, orally disintegrating tablets, and syrup. It is usually taken by mouth once daily, although one product (Claritin 12-Hour RediTabs®) is taken twice a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Claritin RediTabs (orally disintegrating tablets) dissolve rapidly on the tongue with no need for water. They are a good option for people who have trouble swallowing tablets.
- Try to take Claritin at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- Some people need to take it all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed by the package labeling. Please read the label closely.
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have.