Allergies Home > Claritin Dosage
The dosage of Claritin that you are prescribed will be affected by factors such as your age and if any other medical conditions are present. For example, the recommended dose for adults and children age six and over is 10 mg a day. If you have medical conditions like liver or kidney disease, you may require a lower amount.
An Introduction to Dosing With ClaritinThe dose of Claritin® (loratadine) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Claritin Dosage for Adults and Older Children
- One Claritin 10 mg tablet
- One Claritin 24-Hour RediTab®
- One Claritin 10 mg Liqui-Gel®
- Two teaspoonfuls (10 mL) of Claritin syrup
- Two Claritin chewable tablets.