Allergies Home > Generic Clarinex
The tablet and orally disintegrating tablet forms of Clarinex (desloratadine) are available as generics. However, Clarinex syrup is still sold as a brand-name drug only. The FDA considers generic Clarinex equivalent to brand-name Clarinex.
Generic Clarinex: An OverviewClarinex® (desloratadine) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat several conditions. These Clarinex uses include:
- Relief of seasonal allergy symptoms (hay fever)
- Relief of indoor allergy symptoms
- Treatment of chronic (long-term) hives and itching.
Availability of Generic ClarinexGeneric Clarinex is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Desloratadine 5 mg tablets
- Desloratadine 2.5 mg orally disintegrating tablets
- Desloratadine 5 mg orally disintegrating tablets.
- Belcher Pharmaceuticals, LLC, for Virtus Pharmaceuticals
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., for Caraco Pharmaceutical Laboratories, Ltd.