Allergies Home > Clarinex-D Dosage
The recommended Clarinex-D dosage for adults and children 12 years and over is one tablet daily of Clarinex-D 24 Hour or two tablets daily (taken 12 hours apart) of Clarinex-D 12 Hour. People with kidney disease may be prescribed a starting dose of Clarinex-D 24 Hour every other day. Factors affecting your Clarinex-D dosage are other medical conditions you may have and other medications you may be taking.
Clarinex-D Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Clarinex-D® (desloratadine and pseudoephedrine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Clarinex-D Dosage for Seasonal AllergiesFor adults and children over age 12, the Clarinex-D 12 Hour® dose is one tablet, twice a day, taken 12 hours apart. For adults and children over age 12, the Clarinex-D 24 Hour® dose is one tablet once a day.
People with kidney disease may be prescribed a starting dose of Clarinex-D 24 Hour every other day. Clarinex-D 12 Hour should be avoided in people with kidney disease.
- Clarinex-D comes in a tablet. It is recommended that you take your Clarinex-D dose with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not break, chew, or crush the Clarinex-D tablets.
- Clarinex-D should be taken at the same time each day to help maintain an even level in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- For Clarinex-D to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Clarinex-D will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you forget to take a dose of Clarinex-D, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your normal dosing schedule. Never double your dose of Clarinex-D at one time.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Clarinex-D or your Clarinex-D dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Clarinex-D without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.