Allergies Home > Generic Benadryl
There are currently many different generic Benadryl products that are licensed for sale. Over-the-counter products include 25 mg tablets, 25 mg capsules, 2% cream, and 2% spray. Some prescription versions of the medication (injection, elixir, and 25 or 50 mg capsules) are also available in generic form. The generic versions of Benadryl are manufactured by various companies, including Major Pharmaceuticals, Eon Labs, Inc., and UDL Laboratories, Inc.
Is a Generic Version of Benadryl Available?
Forms of Generic Benadryl
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg tablets
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg capsules
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride elixir (12.5 mg per teaspoonful)
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2% cream
- Diphenhydramine hydrochloride 2% spray.
- Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liqui-Gels® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Quick Dissolve Strips (25 mg)
- Children's Benadryl Perfect Measure™ pre-filled single use spoons (12.5 mg)
- Children's Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful)
- Regular Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream (1%)
- Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Stick (2%)
- Benadryl Itch Stopping Gel Extra Strength (2%).