Allergies Home > Important Information on Benadryl
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Benadryl?
- Stomach ulcers
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Difficulty passing urine
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Benadryl and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Benadryl and Breastfeeding).