Allergies Home > What You Need to Know About Benadryl
When and How to Take the Drug
- This medication comes in many different forms. Depending on the particular product, it may be taken by mouth, applied to the skin, or injected into a vein or muscle.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with a little food.
- Because there are several different Benadryl products available, be sure to follow the instructions for your particular product.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed.
Benadryl Dosing Information
- The particular product
- The medical condition being treated
- Your age
- How you respond to Benadryl
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Potential Side Effects
- Coordination problems
- Indigestion or heartburn.