Allergies Home > More Information on Beconase
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Beconase AQ. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Irritation of the nose or throat
- Occasional sneezing attacks.
- Recently had nasal surgery
- Sores or injury to the inside of your nose
- Glaucoma or cataracts
- Not had chickenpox or the measles (or have not been vaccinated against them)
- Tuberculosis, herpes, or any other infections
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Beconase and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Beconase and Breastfeeding).