Allergies Home > Allegra and Weight Gain
During clinical studies of more than 4,500 adults and children, weight gain and Allegra did not appear to be related. If you do gain weight while taking this drug, talk to your healthcare provider and consider making healthy lifestyle changes, such as exercising regularly and watching your alcohol intake.
Does Allegra Cause Weight Gain?Several possible side effects can occur in people taking Allegra® (fexofenadine hydrochloride); however, based on data from clinical studies involving more than 4,500 adults and children, weight gain does not appear to be one of them.
Weight Gain With Allegra: SuggestionsIf you notice weight gain while taking Allegra, consider the following suggestions:
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. This diet should include:
- Fruits, vegetables, grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Limited amounts of foods containing saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, sodium (salt), and added sugars.
- Engage in regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day on most days of the week.
- Limit your intake of alcohol.