Allergies Home > Allegra-D Precautions and Warnings
There are many important Allegra-D precautions and warnings to be aware of before starting treatment. For example, the medicine should not be used with other antihistamines or decongestants. There are also certain people who should not take Allegra-D, including those who have severe coronary heart disease, are taking an MAO inhibitor, have narrow-angle glaucoma, or have urinary blockage or difficulty urinating.
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Urinary blockage or difficulty urinating
- Enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Coronary heart disease
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Are pregnant or thinking about becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are age 65 or older
- Have any allergies, including allergies to Allegra-D, Allegra®, Sudafed®, or adrenergic medicines.