Allergies Home > Allegra-D Dosage
Dosing recommendations for Allegra-D take several factors into account, including the type of Allegra-D you are taking and medical conditions you may have, among other things. Generally, the suggested dose of Allegra-D 12 Hour is one tablet twice a day, taken 12 hours apart. For the Allegra-D 24 Hour strength, the recommended dosage is one tablet once a day.
- The type of Allegra-D being prescribed (12 hour or 24 hour)
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is recommended that you take your Allegra-D dose with a glass of water, without food.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets.
- Allegra-D should be taken at the same time each day to help maintain an even level in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- If you forget to take a dosage of Allegra-D, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the one you missed and continue with your normal schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- Occasionally, the inactive components of Allegra-D may be eliminated in the feces, looking similar to the tablet.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Allegra-D or your Allegra-D dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.