Allergies Home > Allegra-D and Dry Mouth
If you are taking Allegra-D and dry mouth becomes a problem, there are a number of things you can try. Suggestions for improving dry mouth include sipping water or sugarless drinks often, avoiding tobacco or alcohol, avoiding drinks with caffeine, and chewing sugarless gum or sucking on sugarless candy.
- Sip water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sip water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier and may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoid drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Don't use tobacco or alcohol. They dry out the mouth.
- Use a humidifier at night.
- Be aware of spicy or salty foods. They may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugarless hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon or mint-flavored candies are good choices.