Precautions and Warnings With Hydrocodone Polistirex/Chlorpheniramine Polistirex
Let your healthcare provider know if you have any medical issues, such as asthma, lung disease, or a history of drug or alcohol dependence, before taking hydrocodone polistirex/chlorpheniramine polistirex. Precautions and warnings with this drug also apply to women who are pregnant or nursing. Also, some people should avoid this prescription medication, including those who are taking certain medications and who have certain allergies.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking hydrocodone polistirex/chlorpheniramine polistirex (Tussionex® Pennkinetic®) if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Breathing problems, including asthma or lung disease
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Problems urinating, including a condition known as urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body)
- Thyroid disease, such as hypothyroidism
- Problems with your adrenal gland, such as Addison's disease
- A history of a head injury, stroke, seizures, or increased intracranial pressure
- Plans to have surgery
- Stomach or intestinal problems, including blockage or chronic constipation
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Precautions and Warnings With Hydrocodone Polistirex/Chlorpheniramine Polistirex Article Continues on Next Page >