Discussing Hydrocodone Polistirex/Chlorpheniramine Polistirex With Your Doctor
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Breathing problems, including asthma or lung disease
- An enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Problems urinating, including a condition known as urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra, the tube that carries urine out of the body)
- Thyroid disease, such as hypothyroidism
- Problems with your adrenal gland, such as Addison's disease
- A history of a head injury, stroke, seizures, or increased intracranial pressure
- Plans to have surgery
- Stomach or intestinal problems, including intestinal blockage or chronic constipation
- A history of drug or alcohol dependence
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Tussionex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Tussionex and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Hydrocodone Polistirex/Chlorpheniramine Polistirex to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)