Learning More About Reactions to Flonase
Some side effects with Flonase, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of steroid toxicity, including:
- Changes in your menstrual period
- Acne-like skin problems
- Weight gain in the abdomen (stomach), face, neck, or upper back
- Unexplained stretch marks on the skin
- Frequent infections or infections that do not go away
- Frequent, severe nosebleeds
- Asthma symptoms, such as wheezing or difficulty breathing
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.
You may experience some or none of the Flonase side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand whether you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.