Additional Details on Claritin
What If I Take an Overdose?People who take too much Claritin may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Unusual body movements or muscle contractions.
(Click Claritin Overdose for more information.)
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you forget to take your Claritin dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- Children's Claritin grape- or fruit-flavored syrup -- contains 5 mg of Claritin per teaspoonful (per 5 mL)
- Children's Claritin 5 mg grape chewable tablets
- Claritin 10 mg RediTabs (orally disintegrating tablets)
- Claritin 5 mg RediTabs (12-hour tablets)
- Claritin 10 mg tablets
- Claritin Hives Relief 10 mg tablets (the same as the regular Claritin 10 mg tablets)
- Claritin 10 mg Liqui-Gel liquid-filled capsules.
Is There a Generic Version of Claritin?Currently, several different versions of the drug are licensed for sale (see Generic for Claritin).