What Is the Best Way to Take Claritin?
General Information on Dosing With ClaritinConsiderations for people taking Claritin include the following:
- Claritin comes in several forms, including tablets, Liqui-Gels, orally disintegrating tablets, and syrup. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- You can take Claritin with or without food. If the medication seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Claritin RediTabs (orally disintegrating tablets) dissolve rapidly on the tongue with no need for water. They are a good option for people who have trouble swallowing tablets.
- Try to take Claritin at the same time each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- Some people need to take Claritin all year long, while others take it only during allergy season.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as directed by the package labeling. Please read the label closely.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Claritin dosage, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.