Claritin 10 mg
Claritin® (loratadine) is a non-prescription medication often used for the treatment of allergy symptoms and itching due to hives.
The antihistamine comes in several different forms and strengths, including:
- Children's Claritin grape- or fruit-flavored syrup -- containing 5 mg of Claritin per teaspoonful (per 5 mL)
- Children's Claritin 5 mg grape chewable tablets
- Claritin 5 mg RediTabs® (12-hour tablets)
- Claritin 10 mg RediTabs (orally disintegrating tablets)
- Claritin 10 mg Liqui-Gels®
- Claritin 10 mg tablets
- Claritin Hives Relief 10 mg tablets (the same as the regular 10 mg tablets).
For adults and children ages six and older, the recommended dosage is Claritin 10 mg once daily.
The recommended dose for children two to five years old is Claritin 5 mg once daily. This dosage is equivalent to one Claritin chewable tablet or one teaspoonful (5 mL) of Claritin syrup.
(Click Claritin Dosage for more information on dosing with Claritin, including important dosing precautions and tips on when and how to use this medicine.)