Claritin-D Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Claritin-D if you:
- Are allergic to Claritin-D, loratadine, pseudoephedrine sulfate, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma (an eye condition).
- Have difficulty passing urine.
- Have severe heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. MAOIs include:
Claritin-D Warnings and Precautions: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which Claritin-D should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Claritin-D warnings and precautions that may apply to you.