More Instructions for Claritin-D
People who take too much Claritin-D may have overdose symptoms that include:
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Feelings of a forcefully or rapidly beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Muscle weakness or tension
- Restlessness or insomnia
- Delusions, hallucinations, or psychotic behavior
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Claritin-D Overdose for more information.)
If you forget to take your Claritin-D dose, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Claritin-D comes in the following strengths and forms:
- Claritin-D 12-Hour (5 mg of loratadine and 120 mg of pseudoephedrine sulfate per tablet)
- Claritin-D 24-Hour (10 mg of loratadine and 240 mg of pseudoephedrine sulfate per tablet).
Currently, there are several generic versions of Claritin-D licensed for sale (see Claritin-D Generic).