Important Info on Clarinex-D
When and How Do I Take Clarinex-D?Some general guidelines for when and how to take the medication include:
- Clarinex-D comes in a tablet. You may take your dose with or without food, but you are recommended to take it with a glass of water.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the tablets.
- Clarinex-D should be taken at the same time each day to help maintain an even level in the blood. Do not take it more often than directed.
- Clarinex-D 12 Hour® is usually taken twice a day. Clarinex-D 24 Hour® is usually taken once a day.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Clarinex-D your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Clarinex-D Dosage for more information about dosage recommendations in both adults and children.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Clarinex-D; however, not everyone who takes the drug will experience these side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. When people do develop side effects, in most cases, they are minor, meaning that they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
Based on clinical studies, the most common Clarinex-D side effects are:
- Insomnia (see Clarinex-D and Insomnia)
- Dry mouth (see Clarinex-D and Dry Mouth)
- Excessive tiredness
- Sore throat
(Click Clarinex-D Side Effects to learn more.)