The effects of an overdose with Bepreve are unknown at this time, and likely will depend on how the medication was taken and if it was combined with other substances. If necessary, treatment for someone who takes too much of this drug will involve managing and relieving any symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Is It Possible to Take Too Much Bepreve?Bepreve™ (bepotastine besilate) is a medication approved to treat itching caused by eye allergies. It is unclear what exactly to expect from a Bepreve overdose. However, the effects will likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Bepreve dosage, how it was taken (as an eye drop or by mouth), and whether it was taken with any other medicines, alcohol, or street drugs.
As previously stated, it is not known what exactly to expect from a Bepreve overdose. However, symptoms are more likely if the medication was accidentally taken by mouth -- which might occur with children or pets -- rather than as an eye drop, since very little of the medication reaches the bloodstream when used as an eye drop.
Treatment for a Bepreve OverdoseBecause so little is known about the possible effects of an overdose with this medication, it is unknown how best to treat it. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) for someone who takes too much Bepreve likely will include supportive care. This type of care consists of treating any of the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Bepreve.