Benadryl® (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is an antihistamine medication available both over the counter and with a prescription. It comes in many different forms and is used for a variety of different purposes. Some different types of Benadryl products include:
Brand-name adult products:
- Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liqui-Gels® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Ultratab® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Quick Dissolve Strips (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Kapseals® capsules (25 mg).
- Children's Benadryl Perfect Measure™ pre-filled single use spoons (12.5 mg)
- Children's Benadryl Allergy Liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful)
- Children's Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful).
Products for the skin:
- Extra Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream (2%)
- Regular Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream (1%)
- Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Stick (2%)
- Benadryl Extra Strength Spray (2%)
- Benadryl Itch Stopping Gel Extra Strength (2%).
- Benadryl injection (prescription-only)
- Benadryl 25 and 50 mg capsules (available only in generic form)
- Benadryl elixir (12.5 mg per teaspoonful (available only in generic form).
(Click Benadryl to learn more about the various Benadryl types, to find out what this medication is used for, and for information on how the product works.)