More Benadryl Facts
How Should Benadryl Be Stored?
Benadryl should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?
For people who take this medication on a regular schedule (such as for allergy treatment), if you do not take your Benadryl as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
Forms of Benadryl
Brand-name Benadryl comes in numerous different forms. Adult products include:
- Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liqui-Gels® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Ultratab® (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Quick Dissolve Strips (25 mg)
- Benadryl Allergy Kapseals® capsules (25 mg).
Children's products include:
- Children's Benadryl Perfect Measure™ pre-filled single use spoons (12.5 mg)
- Children's Benadryl Allergy Liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful)
- Children's Benadryl Dye-Free Allergy Liquid (12.5 mg per teaspoonful).
Products for the skin include:
- Extra Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream (2%)
- Regular Strength Benadryl Itch Stopping Cream (1%)
- Benadryl Extra Strength Itch Stopping Stick (2%)
- Benadryl Extra Strength Spray (2%)
- Benadryl Itch Stopping Gel Extra Strength (2%).
Prescription-only products include:
- Benadryl injection (prescription-only)
- Benadryl 25 and 50 mg capsules (available only in generic form)
- Benadryl elixir (12.5 mg per teaspoonful, available only in generic form).
Notice that some of the prescription-only products are available in the same strength as non-prescription products.
Children's Benadryl Allergy Chewables and Benadryl Allergy Children's Quick Dissolve Strips were once available but have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Additionally, diphenhydramine is an active ingredient in many other brand-name and generic products, including several different combination products (with more than one active ingredient).